Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass -

It's about learning how to DANCE IN THE RAIN!!!



Thursday, July 2, 2015

BYU-I Pathways Program

We love BYU at DailyLDS.com  I have been taking on-line classes through BYU-I for the past two years. I've loved every second of it, even on those days that I don't... so much!!
It all began with the Pathways Program...
The Pathways Program is perfect for those who either want to continue or to start their education in later years. Growing up all I ever wanted was to be a wife and a mom, I had no desire nor did I feel a need to get a college education. I was living my dream. I became a mom of five beautiful children, I was blessed to be a stay-at-home-mom and raise my children. Then one day when I was 47, the Pathway Missionaries came to our ward promoting the new program. I was intrigued, but not really interested. However, Heavenly Father had other plans. For about a year the Spirit kept whispering to me that this is what I needed to do. I kept fighting the feeling, but...
 you can't fight the Lord!!
I told myself that I would fast and pray about it, in which I did. Immediately I knew that I had to do what the Lord wanted me to do. Even to this day, two years later, I do not know why this is so important. Nor do I know what I should major in. So right now I'm just working on an Associates in General Studies. I figure that when the Lord is ready He will reveal what I should do and everyone needs the basics, right? 
I am very proud of what I have accomplished these past two years. It's hard going back to school after being out for 30+ years. But, I have gotten A's in every class, except for Math in which I got a B. I work hard for my grades. I have proven to myself that... 
I can do hard things!!
Even though I'm still not sure why I'm on this adventure, I can say I am so thankful for it!
I am also thankful for obedience. I know my family has been blessed in so many ways through being obedient to the laws and commandments of the Lord. And for heeding the spirit when it speaks.  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment